How to Wash and Care For Hair Wigs?
Hair wig will become dirty after being worn for a period of time due to dust, sweat stains, and oil secreted by the scalp. To keep the hair wig bright and in its best condition, we need to clean and wash it regularly. The article will introduce how to wash and care for hair wigs, and how to comb the hair, as well as how to store them when they have not been worn for a long time.
How to clean and wash the hair wig?
It only takes a few simple steps to clean the hair wig. It's a little troublesome to wash for the first time, but after a few times, you will find it is easy to handle.
1. Before washing the hair wig, prepare a basin of warm water (the temperature should not exceed 35 degrees), neutral shampoo and conditioner. In order to prevent the hair from tangling during washing, you need to comb the hair until it is smooth.
Turn the Hair Wig Make Inner Lining Faces Outward
2. Add neutral shampoo to warm water and stir by hand until foam is formed. Then turn the hair wig so that the inner lining faces outward and soak it in warm water for about 5 minutes. Because the inner lining is in contact with the scalp, it is the dirtiest part and the part that needs careful cleaning.
3. Gently tap the inner lining and lightly scratch the hair to remove stains. During the cleaning process, do not rub and twist, or use too much force to prevent hair loss or deformation.
4. Put it in clean water to remove foam until the foam is washed out.
5. Apply conditioner from the roots to the ends of the hair, leave it for 7-8 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
6. Gently squeeze the water, or use a dry towel to absorb the water, and then place it in a cool place to air dry. If it is a straight hair wig, you need to hang it up. If you have a wig holder, you can also put it on the holder to air dry. Remember not to use a hair dryer or expose to the sun.
There are the steps to clean and wash the hair wig above. If you don’t want to use the conditioner this time, you can ignore the 5th step, but in order to keep the hair wig bright, we recommend that use the conditioner every time when you wash the hair wig.
How often should I wash the hair wig?
According to the frequency of wearing and the environment, combined with your actual situation to decide how often to wash the hair wig. In the case of wearing it every day, wash it every half a month. But if you are in a dusty environment, or sweat a lot every day, and your scalp secretes a lot of oil, then you can combine the dirty hair wig level to shorten the washing cycle.
Please note that do not wash the hair wig every day to avoid consumption, but also do not wash the hair wig for a long time to affect the appearance and reduce the lifespan.
How to comb the hair wig?
Comb Straight, Body Wave, Loose Wave and other Big Wavy Hair by Wide-Tooth Comb
Comb Deep Wave and Curly Hair by Fingers
To avoid hair loss when combing the hair wig, you need to use a wide-tooth wooden comb or fingers to comb the hair wig. Just remember one thing, use a wide-toothed wooden comb for straight hair, body wave hair and other big wavy wave hair, use fingers for deep wave hair and curly hair.
Divided into Three Parts to Comb Hair Wig
When combing the hair wig, it should be divided into three parts: the upper part, the middle part and the bottom part. Start at the bottom part first and comb from top to bottom until the hair is smooth. Then start to comb the middle part, also from top to bottom until smooth. At last, comb the upper part, from top to bottom until smooth.
How to store the hair wig normally?
Hair wigs that need to be worn frequently are best placed on the wig holder after being taken off, and the hair wig that have not been worn for a long time should be cleaned and put in a ventilated storage bag and stored in a cool and ventilated place.